(Pediatrician walks into the room)
Doctor: "HOLY COW - THAT'S A GIANT BABY! Hi Giant Baby!"
She thought he was pretty big. He was!
Stats:
Weight: 13 pounds, 7.5 ounces (90%)
Height: 24.5 inches (98%)
Head Circumference: 16 (95%)
And then, she flipped him on his stomach to do his exam, he happened to be facing a mirror and said she thought he was going to roll over. I told her that he sort of had once already, but I didn't really "count" it b/c I thought it was accidental. Then, Jerex proceeded to show off and roll over 2 times in a row in front of the doctor! I was a proud momma.
A few days later, I caught the act on video - you'll have to watch him lean and teeter on his elbow for a while before the Big Roll finally happens:
I actually call this The Pancake Flip, since he sort of just ends up on his side.
Ironically, I just read the book "Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother" about how Chinese parenting is supposedly superior to "Western" parenting... and one of the points that Amy Chua likes to make is that American parents constantly celebrate and brag about truly unimpressive feats that their children do... I couldn't help but think of that as I cheered Jerex on for his roll-over, texted all my family immediately, and then posted it on my blog. Yep, I'm the American parent through and through!
No comments:
Post a Comment