Sunday, August 4, 2013

18 month stats and some newsy-news

Since we were in LaHarpe and Grant City for Jerex's actual 18 month checkup (surreal - how did he become so big??), we had his appointment the first Monday that we were back in Colorado. So it was a little late but not too much. Here were his 'stats':

Height: 33 and 3/4 in (85%)
Weight: 29 lbs, 5 oz (85%)
Yep, he's a sweet little 18 month old boy!
No more 95% but I think his active lifestyle - AKA running everywhere instead of walking.. is starting to slim him down a bit. His booster shots were no big deal, a little squeal and a minute of being upset then he forgot all about it! He was running all around the exam room and trying to climb on things and I kept having flashbacks to his 1 and 2 month appointments when he was sleeping the whole time and just a little helpless snuggle bug, SIGH! I still can't believe how fast time is passing and how quickly he is growing up. He tells me "bless you" when I sneeze now, and he says please and thank you, and he knows words like "flamingo" "helicopter" and "Leopard" and says them every day! He knows that my name is Renae and dada's name is Jesse and sometimes he calls us that instead of momma and dada. He can answer questions with 'yes' or 'no' and he decides what shoes he wants to wear every day. He picks which books we read him at bed time and gives us kisses whenever we ask. He knows the difference between a tractor and a bulldozer and he can crow like a rooster and snort like a pig, and enjoys doing both every time we read a farm book. Sigh! The changes that happen daily blow my mind and I'm just a big emotional sap when it comes to reflecting on his little day to day changes!

Speaking of changes - the biggest change of all for Jerex will be arriving January 25, 2014 (on or around).... When he becomes a big brother!
Coolest Big Brother
He doesn't know what that means yet, but luckily we have some time to try to figure out how to explain it to him. He knows what a baby is but gets a confused look when I say 'baby' and point to my belly. We have a lot of things to figure out and I know we will, it is just a matter of time as this pregnancy is already going very fast! In the meantime while I start getting nice and plump again (oh the joys of pregnancies. And yes I am having my muffin and pastry cravings again. ugh!) we are going to focus on enjoying every minute of our family of 3 and preparing for this little brother or sister who will be just about exactly 2 years younger than Mr. Jerex.

July also brought a short work trip for me to Idaho and Wyoming. While there, my coworkers and I got to hang out in Jackson Hole which I really liked, we went to the Million dollar cowboy bar and sat on the saddles, and walked around the town square before eating some local trout and elk. Not a bad place to have to go for work! The Tetons looked amazing and I can't wait to go back someday for a family vacation and check out Yellowstone.
Drinking a water at the cowboy bar
Most beautiful airport scenery I've ever seen!
Town square - elk horn archways in each corner
July in Boulder was pretty hot (especially living in a house with no air conditioning) but we've survived now 3 summers in this house so we are used to it. Here are a few random Jerex pictures from July


Sometimes, the heat just gets to you.
His new tractor from Grandma Brenda and Gpa Burton!
Boulder trail that I try to hike a few times a week - stolen pic from JJ instagram feed

No comments:

Post a Comment